bakpakchik

Monday, June 18, 2007

Babies

BPC loves surprises. And when those suprises involve the sudden arrival in town of her Best Girl, then BPC is in heaven.

BPC was in heaven this weekend. The 'rents were all mysterious about weekend plans which involved Arfiman and I accompanying them to visit family in the boonies (read Al Ain) and while I let it slide (cuz in my family we do everything by the seat of our pants) Arfiman was mighty perturbed (cuz in his family they are super-organized and all plans require three-day advacne notice to all parties). How the heck did we end up together?!! LOL

So anyway, Arfiman is also highly perceptive and kept insisting that my 'rents were being way too mysterious and I kept brushing it off.

Come Thursday, they arrive at our doorstep with who in tow?

SOMI!!!!! Of course, with Baby and Hubby. First time I set eyes on little Anooshey (fondly referred to by me as Pooshey).

Little Pooshey was so adorable and those pudgywudgy thighs were just edible.

All cuteness aside though, Somi's supershort trip was a huge reminder to myself and Arfiman how and why we were so not ready to have a little one ourselves.

Cute as she was, little Pooshey made her parents dance around in circles and that is a dance i am really not looking forward to dancing anytime soon.

I am talking about constant interruptions: breast-feeding, diaper changeing, spit-up cleaning ... Somi and I couldn't sit and talk for five minutes straight. We went on a dinner cruise and ended up being so embarassed because Pooshey wouldn't stop crying and even though I felt sorry for the little bunny, I also felt sorry for all the people who paid 250 dhs for a cruise with wailing baby for background music.

Next day, Arfiman and I were browsing second-hand books at House of Prose and the Parenting books section caught my eye. There must have been a billion titles there: What to Expect When You're Expecting, The Guide for First Time Mums, How To Be A Dad, Home Remedies for Babies (interesting title that: what do they tell you? how to make a baby out of common household ingredients?!) So shelf upon shelf of books for people who are about to have a child or have just had one.

What about people who don't have a child or maybe dont want one just yet? Is no one writing any books for them?

I looked and looked and couldn't find a single book.

Maybe I have found a niche. I can already think of possible titles:

What To Expect When You're Not Expecting
Saying 'I Don't Want A Baby' is not the same as saying 'I don't want one EVER'
Childless, and yet somehow Happy (*gasp*)

LOL

Seriously though.

There was a funny moment when Arfiman and I were holding Pooshey and posing for a pic and I say to him : When this picture comes out, we'll be able to see what we will look like with a baby.

Arfiman: Are you kidding me? You would be fatter and I would have kiddy slobber on my shoulder
BPC: And I would have a huge diaper bag instead of this cute clutch and would probably be wearing flats instead of stillettos and ...

and before I get to finish my sentence Pooshey starts wailing and spits up on Arfiman's shoulder ...

Arfiman: Take this baby away from me NOW!
BPC: You are not coming near me without protection for a very, very long time!

LOOOOOOOOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home