bakpakchik

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chooper

Of all the things I never thought I'd live to see, this one was definitely not on the list ... and it shoulda been right up there at the top:

A chopper landing next to my car.

Really.

One minute, I am flying down SZR at 160 and the traffic starts piling up till I'm down to about 60. In the fast lane and I see a chopper flying low. Really low.

"It realy shouldn't be flying this low," I think to myself and before I know it, in a swirl of sand, IT LANDS RIGHT NEXT TO ME!

Well, not right next to me if oyu count the hard shoulder next to me, and then the road divider and then the hard shoulder on the opposite side of the road. But for simplicity's sake ... RIGHT NEXT TO ME!

Sand is being swirled about and rises up in huge, impenetrable walls and I slam the brakes hoping the tinted Beamer behind me doesn't ram into my ass.

It doesn't.

Quite surreal that was.

And that is my way stating my denial of the fact that it was yet another day on SZR with yet horrible traffic accident with yet another fatality.

There was a horrible bike accident on SZR a few mornings ago. Deceased was on a bike. Heard he was decapitated. Then, heard he was the cousin of a colleague. Saw colleague today. How life goes on.

Why is my post about choppers and decapitations?

Because there is so much on my mind right now that I cannot even begin to think about penning it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home