bakpakchik

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Doing Xeb Proud

I posted on my blog sometime back about how one person's everyday life can be another's lifelong fantasy. Shallow as it may sound, that of Paris Hilton is the one that catches MY fancy ... for reasons I shall expand on another day, in another post. So for now, you can carry on wondering how someone like me can possibly be fascinted by a blonde bimbette AND not have the satsifaction of me telling you just quite HOW ...

Verily, I did come across a list of things a random person wanted to do in life ... just someone i stumbled across blogsurfing :http://xebphotoblog.blogspot.com/

I kind of started ticking off things (or those closest) from her list that I had done and thought 'Hmm ... for someone who's not her, I've done plenty of stuff she wants to do!'.

So if you read this and are the sightest bit inclined, do tell us how you have lived out Xeb's fantasies:

(The ones in RED are the ones I have not done yet)

1. See the Kohinoor Diamond (I saw my own equivalent of the Kohinoor just yesterday: the Rossetta Stone.)
2. Watch a Circus Performance (looooooooong time ago ... some irani circus in karachi)
3. Elope (I DID get married in a court, nikah AND registry)
4. Experience 'that perfect kiss' (Been with Arfiman long enough to be granted that one!)
5. Get married in 7 different ways in 7 different countries
6. Go for a Safari

7. Climb a mountain in Switzerland... Sound of Music Style! (I think grassy hills are sissy ... I did do Mount Qihwi. Google 'Ujala Farooque Qihwi')
8. Drive a Red Ferari convertible with the top down very very fast! (It's not a Ferrarri and it's not a convertible, but boy is my Lumina RED and FAST!)
9. Explore the Pyramids - Each and every one of them
10. Go on an Archaeological Dig
11. Take a candlelit bath with someone (Tee hee ... the things you do when you are still newlywed!)
12. Go Bungee Jumping
13. Travel around the whole world. Each and every single Country.

14. Live in Paris for a month or so. (or four days?!)
15. Go on the Eurorail with friends. (I went alone but made plenty on the way)
16. Go to the arctics. See a polar bear. Live in an Igloo. Talk to an Eskimo and climb an Iceberg. 17. Take a trip in a hot-air balloon.
18. Get blind drunk...
19. Go skinny dipping

20. Go to Disney World!! (Dubai IS Disney World. Only bigger and more expensive)
21. Make a billion Rupees... spend each and every paisa... and make a billion more!
22. Go Rock Climbing and Cave exploring
23. Live on or opposite to a beach.
24. Go sky diving
25. Learn how to cook proper Continental Cuisine
26. Moonlight as a Model!
27. Walk down the Great Wall of China
28. Drive down the Silk Route
29. Learn how to assemble a computer from scratch! :P
30. Become CEO of a major Multinational Organization OR Secretary General of the UN OR Prime-Minister of Pakistan.
31. Set up `Da SPA`

32. Explore Greece and Rome - the lands of the ancients. (Not Rome, but did do Greece)
33. Get the Black Belt in Karate.
34.Carry a handgun
35. Shoot a person! (killing is optional)
36. Crash a wedding!
37. Become THIN! (I was born it :P)
38. Go gambling in Las Vegas. Win!
39. Learn how to play a musical instrument! Learn how to sing in tune!
40. Go deep sea fishing. Catch a shark.

41. Go for a cruise to the Caribbean. Also to Mauritius. And the Greek Islands. (Greek Islands, yeah baby!)
42. Travel across space. Go to the moon.
43. Live in a different country for a couple of years. (Been in the UAE for about four years now)
44. Get a nose job!! :P And laser eye surgery AND laser hair removal! (One out of three: lasered eyes YAY!)
45. Learn how to fly a plane - Then buy a plane and fly it!
Win a lottery!
46. Get my bellybutton pierced! ;) *assuming the tummy is flat enough ofcourse!*
47. Go Parasailing.

48. Officially change the spelling of my name (Does officially changing from my maiden name count?)
49. Write my autobiography.
50. Write a famous book
51. Win the Nobel Prize
52. Draw a famous picture.
53. Learn how to whistle a tune.
54. Go hunting. Kill something.


16 out of 54. Hmm ... for someone who's NOT Xeb, that's not bad.

Would you do Xeb proud?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I have a momentary lapse of vision or is there nothing on that list about finding a soulmate for life?

12:42 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

Maybe Xeb already has one ... or maybe she thinks she will find him/her during the course of that perfect kiss/skydiving session/cave exploration ...

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home