bakpakchik

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Dedicated to my Fraand, Ms. M.

7/5/2005, 5:10 AM:
I like yours backpack style. Please frandship me.

I'm doing good, Alhamdullillah, dearest... life is mundane sometimes to the limit of madness and the only cure I have is more madness so we're neck-to-neck these days. If you have a little red apple to feed me that can make past scars go away I'd buy that... go on.. rummage in your backpack.. anything there??

Wese you are right.. sometimes dreams are really strange.. but also sweet... ... they just tell you what you're thinking of mostly ... hehe.. and that means that yes indeedy-o you're spending too much time orkuting if you have had that nightmare.. allt he same.. it is very flattering.. *snooty* ...

My dreams are always in color.. always full of characters, places .. vivid and bright... what does that mean, I wonder.. But then again.. I wonder about so many tings...

HAHA.. told ya.. more madar....

5:11 AM: CLARIFICATION
not tings.. i do NOT wonder about tings!!

I wonder about things!! THINGS!! THINGS, damn keyboard, THINGS!!

Please don't judge MY subconcious... slip of keyboard... Things... for cryin out loud...

5:13 AM
And since I'm mad and I can get away with everything.. here is something from my blog... if you haven't checked it lately..

Ajj ki Amad...
Raat suhani khwaab suhanay,Rim jhim si barsaaton main...
Phool, hawayen, khushbu, badal,Rangon ki soghaaton main...
Garm dopehr main thandi chayaMeethi meethi baton main...
Bhul bhulayan khail bahanayHaath hain daalay hathon main...
Baant chukay adam ki bastiKat gaye insaan zaaton main.


Out of the blue you meet someone random from another part of the world. What starts as horn-locked battle (a discussion on 'Why Pakistanis are becoming so Indianized': with Her being the Diehard Patriot and me the Anti-National) eventually simmers down to the realization that two people with very similar ideals can be so passionate about two different sides of the coin.

A realization that what makes you hate something with a passion is also what makes Her love it with a ferocity ... all depending on where you stand ... which side of the bleachers you watch the match from.

In animosity you find a friend to share random thoughts with, someone who understands you even though they might not agree with you.

And then one day, the very thing that keeps you hooked to the cyberworld is what forces Her to delete Her cyberpresence into oblivion.

"It all became too public" She tells you. "I must leave because it drew too much attention to me."

And you realize how someone's worst nightmare can be someone else's fantasy ...

I do miss you, Ms. M.

9 Comments:

Blogger Hina said...

I am not getting the purpose of this post. Please explain or is it inside joke only?

3:17 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

No inside joke Hinamommy, I am just missing a 'fraand' I made online ... so i dedicated the post to her. The stuff in the begining of the post in green are messages she wrote me.

The rest is my afterthoughts :(

4:27 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

LOL. My arguement to Ms M was that Pakistani are - in essence - Indians. Our forefather did migrate from INDIA, so technically, the only thing removing us from modern day Indians is fifty years and a partition and a whole lot of illfounded animosity.

And that's reason enough to NOT make an issue out of wearing saris and bindis and watching star Plus or whatever over zealous patriots call 'indianization' .

*phew*

With that off my chest, the discussion soon revelaed that not ALL Pakistanis migrated from India and i agreed to that statement, hence the arguement finally wound up (or is it 'wound down'?).

To answer your question directly D., I think the world is slowly losing it's idiosyncracies. We all wear pants now and eat fries. Everybody loves 'henna' or 'mehndi' and it's about time people stopped being anal about 'culture' and 'tradition'.

That didn't really answer the question eh? Sorry, you know me ... I love to rant ....

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is only one identity of Pakistan and that is of Muslims. Anything else is just misplaced paganism.

Omair

8:16 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

Oh no, O. .. not you too. FYI, Pakistan has many minorities in addition to the muslim majority.

Furthermore, religion is not really the sole determining factor when it comes to 'culture' is it?

If it was, then why are the muslims of Lebanon so different from those of Saudi Arabia?

Lastly, I think the 'issues' arise much more from 'modernism' (and opposition thereof) than from 'paganism'.

All of a sudden , I don't miss M. anymore .... ;)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am inclined to agree more BPC than with O on this one, although I don't know enough specific details of the Indian/Pakistani topic.

Are there really people who think that if you watch StarPlus you're becoming Indian sized?

And, no, I didn't know you like to rant... but rant on...

2:46 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

Oh yes. Being 'Indian sized' can be as simply as that for some people.

O. however, I know, let's Hinamommy watch Kumkum and Kasauti and WhatNot without being judgemental :)

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well being short of time means you need to say what you have to say in as few words as possible. Which is really a horrible way of getting your point across but a good way of learning where others stand.

Coming back to the topic….

Pakistan as a country was formed for the Muslims. That was its identity and no amount of sugarcoating or rewriting history would change that. A million people migrated from parts of India leaving behind family, house and all worldly possessions to join Pakistan because it was a Muslim place and not because of the culture.

Any identity other then the identity of a Muslim state for Pakistan is false. Simply because that is the only thing the people of Pakistan have in common.

From one end to the other the culture, language and history of the people of the sub continent are different. So it begs the question what unites the people of India and Pakistan?

The answer for Pakistan is obvious that they are Muslims for India it…(separate post required)

Now coming to the Pagan part what I meant was simply that nationalism is really another form of paganism.

You regularly hear statements such as Pakistan did this and Pakistan did that. Why don’t you give something back to Pakistan after all the things your country has done for you etc. Referring to a country as a living breathing entity to which one must swear allegiance and give his all. The dying for the motherland…etc.

So all this condensed into:

“There is only one identity of Pakistan and that is of Muslims. Anything else is just misplaced paganism.”

Omair

12:16 PM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

*headache*

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home