bakpakchik

Saturday, September 17, 2005

My Pink Thumb

PLANTS

Pink Thumb is the extrme opposite of Green Thumb ... which is what you call it when every piece of flora that stay in your possession for a period of more than 48 hours turns a nasty shade of pink and kind of disintegrates .

Pink Thumb is what I think I have got.

Please pay close attention to Exhibit 'A'. Four weeks ago, it was given to us by Smoky and Mrs. Smoky as an anniversary present. Those were the days when it was healthy and green and had about 200 leaves. Now it it is kind of sickly, kind of pink and has 36 leaves. Yes, I counted.

Do you know what time it is when you can count the leaves on your plant? No, it is not 'time to get a new plant,' it is 'time to stop thinking about getting plants'. Get them WHY? So you can kill them?!!

Tsk tsk.

And now please proceed to Exhibit 'B'. A very healthy, leafy plant given to us by Hinamommy not one day ago. Please stay tuned for monthly updates on the inevitable deleafing and eventual death of Exhibit 'B'.

PS: Exhibit 'A' does seem to have some pointy green protrusions at the very tips of its shrivelled and dried branches. Is it some kind of a last attmept at life?

4 Comments:

Blogger Hina said...

SPAM SPAM SPAM... it's everywhere!!

BPC, good luck with your plants. Just don't forget to give them sun and water them.

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what happened to the plant I gave you in October 2004... or are you going to tell me you've managed to murder a bamboo too?

Tsk tsk indeed...

1:01 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

oh dear ... i think that died about six months ago :O

Yes yes ... I can kill bamboos too ... which are supposedly able to thrive for decades without any aid.

I TRY, I TRY :(

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great!

AND it was supposed to be for good luck!

I think when you and Arfiman come over and stay with us (which I'm really looking forward to, by the way) we'll have to have a crash course in plant care and cooking red meat. Steaks & Stems 101.

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home