bakpakchik

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Life without Mirchi is so Pheeki

If Mirchi was here right now, he'd tell me to 'check myself before I wrecked myself'.

LOL, I miss Mirchi. And no, my blog isn't going to become one long sob stroy of how I miss the people who aren't very actively a part of my life anymore.

But really, how can I not miss Mirchi? I remember the first time I met him ... infact ... the memory extends to BEFORE I actually met him.

It was Valentine's day afternoon (which also happens to be Arfiamn's B'day - yes, I married Cupid intentionally). Hinamommy and her hubby and me and mine were going for a picnic in the park. (Yes! PICNIC IN THE PARK: those were the days when I used to have a five day job that allowed me to have a life on Saturdays).

So there we were at the Emarat station (or was it Eppco?) outside Creek Park, in the car - Hinamommy and I - patiently waiting for Arfiman to emerge from the Shop with cans of assorted fizzy drinks and other equally unhealthy perishables.

Out comes Arfiman RUNNING.

"It's MIRCHI!" he shouts at us. "What do you mean you're IN TOWN?!!" he shouts into the phone.

And all of a sudden Hinamommy is jumping up and down too. "Mirchi's in TOWN?! Ohmigod ohmigod!"

I understand none of it.

"Who is Mirchi?" I complain. "And why does everyone except ME know him?"

I forget the fact that this whole group of people who are now part of my life are adopted from Arfiman - and they have been a part of his life for YEARS. Mirchi was obviously one of the people from 'back then' who had suddenly entered the picture again.

Hinamommy was even more 'ohmigod'ing now - more so from the fact that she FINALLY was in a situation where a returnee was know to HER and not to another member of the group (before me, Hinamommy was the newest implant into the group).

"Ha!" she gave me a triumphed look and proceeded to tell me about Mirchi.

Later that day - after our picnic in the park - Arfiman and I went to meet Mirchi at his hotel. I didn't really care: he was just another boy ... somebody from my fiance's past. (Yes, these are the days of Yore when Arfiamn and I were merely engaged to be married)

I came away thinking 'My goodness, what a weird boy".

bruce lee attacks ravi in curtains

I gathered a number of things about him:
1. He was paranoid
2. He had just returned from Hong Kong
3. He was paranoid
4. He used to be in AUD with Arfiman
5. He was paranoid

I didn't think we would have much in common. Except for maybe our foot size ...

two feet

Ha! Mirchi soon became my adopted Little Brother (forget the fact that he was about four years older than me and a HINDU! lol). We would talk on the phone for hours. When I felt down, he'd be downstairs in his Pajero to cheer me up. He was one of the people without whom my wedding would have been incomplete. He helped decorate for the mehndi, he helped put clingfilm on Arfiman's and my honeymoon suite toilet seats and filled our honeymoon suite towels with foam and hid all the soaps and put alarm clocks all over the room so we couldn't sleep all night on Arfiman's and my first night together.

I would argue endlessly with him about trivial things and would drag him out of the house when he least felt like it. We ended up with identical tiger print couches.

His last day with us ... he and I went for a chaat and bhelpuri. I made him drink Coke. He never drinks coke.

last chaat with rav

And then he went away. To Hong Kong again. And I said to him "Why did oyu have to come anyway?" but i didn't really mean it.

We all miss you so much Mirchi. We miss your constant whining and your never-ending pessimistic outlook towards Dubai. We're too optimistic without you ;)

*sigh*

This started out as a post about something else entirely and ended up being something entirely else.

Well, I think I should go do some work now, but soon, i will be back with The Dilemma (which - if i don't check myself - might make me 'wreck myslef'?!!!).

Not really, it's not a life-altering Dilemma really. Just one that involves me making less money VOLUNTARILY.

Ha! Keeping you on a limb here now Dear Readers ....

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have a pretty good idea of who the subject of your entry is. I never really got to know him very well, but he was always good company.

As for The Dilemma... without even knowing what it is: go for the 'less money' option.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Hina said...

Ravi should read this. It would make him cry.

Oh and I am also working on your "tag" it's almost done. Just as soon as I figure out what I was doing 5 years ago.

3:02 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

Hmm ... let me gues .. letting O. woo you into washing and ironing his clothes forever?! ;)

3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I knew who it was.

No pressure or anything... but I categorically and imperiously demand that Arfiman does a similar entry on ME!

Today! That PSP entry is really old...

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unless of course he doesn't feel the same way about me as his wife does about some idol-worshipper...

5:36 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

a HINDU to be precise! ;)

C'mon Arfiman ... oh sorry, D., he just got the CD to upgrade the system on his PSP, so now he can surf the web on it ... I doubt he'll even REPLY to this scrap ...

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell him he must be careful which version of the firmware he uprades to, because I'm told that the latest version doesn't allow you to play pirated movies etc.

And tell him I'm never speaking to him again... for a day...

6:28 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

It's PSP D., there is no pirate stuff available for it's disks yet. HDDs i think the disks are called and they are TOO pricey. Well, i didn't think any kind of double Ds would ever come for any less ....

6:57 AM  
Blogger Hina said...

we have completely lost track of this entry, let's leave all PSP entries for Arfi's blog

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why? Man and wife is same flesh, only, no?

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats right... worship me like an idol...
RESTEPA

5:43 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

MIRCH?!!!! OMG!!!! I didn't know you came to my blog!!!

@--}--

That's a flaawa for my "switt aind sensetiww" brodda ;)

6:48 AM  
Blogger Hina said...

Ravi, I thought you were supposed to acknowledge the person who showed you the way to your "blog of fame"

12:50 PM  
Blogger Blame the Blog said...

UJALA !!!!!

heyyy girrrl !!!! and how is it that you blog and i dint know about it ?? ... gosh!! you must be the sly one who slipped away when i wasnt looking ! :P

so good to hear from you on the omkara blog !

drop into my blog to peek at my musings! :) i'm forever involved in my own struggle to establish what is mirchi and what is pheeki in my life :P

12:47 AM  
Blogger 3rd avenue said...

random thought:

did ur pink thumb kill the plant yet?

11:22 PM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

Not yet. But i think my two-week holiday will. :(

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home