bakpakchik

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

For YOUR pleasure!

So I go down to the 24-7 for my regular morning croissant and through the corner of my eye, I see a bunch of giggling teenagers looking at something through the corners of their eyes. Hmm. Giggling teenagers is nothing new considering I work in College Village, but giggling ABASHEDLY? Hmmm.

I turned to see what was so bashfully amusing. I was confronted by Magenta packaging. I LOVE magenta and I LOVE packaging. Specially in foil. Yay.

I gravitated towards the little boxes piled on top of each other next to the cash counter and the crowd sliced to give me way. They stared in slack-jawed awe. Why? Read on ...

I picked up on of the palm sized foil wrapped sachets and ... GASP ... haram haram, haza haram!

durex small

A device designed to maximize sexual pleasure being sold on a student campus!!! (Incase you couldn't read the type, it says: Durex Play Vibrations: Stimulation ring for him and her).

Now, much as I wanted to actually pick up one of the suckers, there were numerous issues at hand:

1. I possessed only the two dirhams fifty fils that would buy me a croissant.
2. I feared that if my merely approaching the display caused such furor among the teens, it might cause some serious coronary complications if I actually BOUGHT one of the buggers.

And last but not the least ...

3. What the hell is a sexual-pleasure device doing here?

I mean, the reason they have no shisha outlet in this section of the GleeZone is that there are 6000 young college students here, and the Ministry of Health doesn't allow smoking to under 18s.

Does the magenta display mean that the relevant Ministry/Authority condones sex between consenting college students?

Surely, Islamically speaking, when it comes to smoking and sex, the former is the lesser evil.

Oh my ... just when I begin to think I have gotten my head around this place, it totally does my head in!

10 Comments:

Blogger inspirex said...

haha!!!
interesting!!!

and y only Dhs. 2.5.???
a bit confused about that actually!

7:17 AM  
Blogger 3rd avenue said...

:P

7:51 AM  
Blogger mayya said...

hahaha probably for the foreign or non-muslim students around that area?

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

roflmao. the only thing im thinking right now is what's a sti8mulation ring :p lol. i misses yew.

k

10:38 PM  
Blogger JonyBr said...

For men & women both? *runs his wild imagination it will work* errrr

Okay. I seriously need to be updated on the latest developments on the subject :\

11:22 PM  
Blogger vintage said...

what is a stimulation ring?

following suit of last-person-who-commented vin lets her imagination run wild...

hmmm... if it is what i think it is... i.e a ring that err vibrates...

*blush*

could be used for a lotta things.

but on a student campus... under 18s? hmm...

10:33 AM  
Blogger DysfunctionaL said...

we had a class presentation in a marketing class on this product.. roftlol..

11:14 AM  
Blogger Ajit Chouhan said...

Interesting stuff...Good marketing strategy for sure everyone's taking,the pics have been put on blogs too...worth it

2:29 AM  
Blogger inspirex said...

For those that dont know what a stimulation ring is, relax, you will eventually find out when your turn comes.
:D

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sex is not an evil! islamically, or otherwise.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home