bakpakchik

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Umm Al Qawaining

This weekend we went on the sissiest camping trip EVER! If Naz found out, she would DISOWN me.

Well, my rugged bones were craving sand in the hair and half-cooked chicken breast so even though this wasn’t the REAL thing, it will do for now.

It was TOTB weekend (don’t even ask: Ten of The Best – boy stuff ... all car racing and things) and we all decided to make a day of it.

The races were on Friday, with trial runs on the AutoX track on Thursday afternoon, so we decided to get there Thursday afternoon and camp out overnight for the races the next day.

So there we were, parked along the side of the road: a shiny row of shiny sports cars when it hit me: ohmigod, I’m an S2000 wife. LOL. In my shiny sunglasses, with my cropped pants – wondering why I got a new French manicure just last evening: I would DEFINITELY chip it on this trip (which, FYI, I did not).

cars

Boys will be boys, so the owners of the two shiny red cars couldn’t sand wondering which red car was faster, so they HAD to race. I am sure it was so, so illegal what they did, but hell, they just drove REALLY FAST in a straight line. :)

And the Lumina won! Yay!!!

By the time EVERYONE got together we were already about four hours behind schedule so we decided we should drive really fast. Didn’t anybody tell these boys that not matter how fast you drive, you still can’t turn back time? These guys sure as hell tried. Man!! I think we got to UAQ in ten minutes!

DSCN7187

Oh ho … now we were there so long that I don’t feel like putting the whole story down. To postulate:

1. It was a sissy camp because we had dinner cooked not by us over a bonfire, but by the TOTB caterers over proper grills. There was talk of sneaking some back to our camp, but thankfully that didn’t happen.

2. No matter how sissy the camp was, Y. made a HELLUVA bonfire. (which meant I could finally stop piling on the layers)

3. I had forgotten how it feels to pee-pee in the desert.

4. Even if I had remembered, this would be a first where I couldn’t see a foot infront of me for all the fog. I mean, at one point, there was so much fog that all we could see around our camp was our shadows from the bonfire ON THE FOG.

5.Thankgod for the fog … in the morning, I noticed that we were camped like two feet away from the fencing of the AutoX area. How outdoorsy! NOT!!!!! At least the fog kept the illusion of seclusion alive.

6. At one point, it was called to our attention by one of the organizers that one of our tents was happily rolling across the desert and sure enough, it was. It was FREE!

7. When they say ‘four people tent’, they mean ‘four kate moss sized people tent’. Thankfully, there were just three in ours.

8. Bonfire makes goooooooooood shisha coal.

9. BPC can sleep anywhere and through ANYTHING (LOL, you HAD to be there ...)

And I’m not gonna write anything about the races, seeing as that’s probably the only way to get Arfiman to update his blog.

Anyway, I got home knackered, with an only slightly chipped manicure and a pedicure perfectly intact (hurray for socks!).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't mean YOUR Lumina won, do you??? I'm guessing you only took the S2000.

And now I'm wondering if I've got that right and whether your car IS a Lumina or something else.

Never mind, sounds like you had a good time.

10:51 PM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

:) no, i was an S2000 wife, so i didn't drive. the Lumina in the pic belongs to max, and yes, i do have one too.

I had a GREAT time

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max... as in M.A.K.? He has a Lumina too?

Are you sure you were an S2000 WIFE? I mean, in the whole 'man and his car' set up, can a woman ever be more than a bridesmaid?

4:40 AM  
Blogger vintage said...

aaaahhh can i link your blog to mine! :)

11:39 AM  
Blogger 3rd avenue said...

sounds fun :D

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home