bakpakchik

Monday, October 31, 2005

Eid Ahoy!

I am going to a 'chaand raat' party at Hinamommy's house tonight. Wow.

On many counts.

#1: When did I become so joined at the hip with my husband that I needed a planned 'girls night in' in order to spend time with my girlfriends minus the respective husbands?!

#2: For all my claims of being as unNasreen and unPerveen as I can be, I do love the whole mehndi and chooriz bit on eid and I can't wait to have my hands henna'd again.

#3: Having Hinamommy is like having a big sister, only one your'e not related to. ROFL. She took a lot of headache out of the sitaution by deciding my outfit, my makeup AND my edible contribution to this one-dish event. LOL

#4: I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT'S EID ALREADY!

Dammit. We were in England for the first ten days of Ramadan and hence taking advantage of the option to not fast while travelling. It can be VERY disorienting.

The other day, I got a call from Hinamoomy and I could hear Iman making a fuss in the background and says Hinamommy that she's making a fuss because she's in her fancy clothes - the outfit sent by some relative for her to wear on Jumatul Wida.

"Why's she wearing it today?' I asked.

"Um, cuz today IS Jumatul Wida ..."

Yes, right. No way!!!! It's like, only the SECOND Juma in my head.

So I ask Hinamommy if she wanted to do dinner out ... as we hadn't done one together in such a long time. We kind of agreed on a plan and then she calls me back in about fifteen minutes.

"No can do," she tells me. "It's Badi Raat"

Oh man, cut me SOME slack will you!!!! In my head, it's only the MIDDLE of Ramadan.

No way am I ever travelling right before Ramadan EVER AGAIN IN MY WHOLE LIFE.

Okay, so my body still thinks it's the 20th of Ramadan and refuses to come to terms with impending eid. Hopefully, earlier mentioned 'chaand raat' party will inject some reality into the situation.

Dammit.

Does that mean I have to clean the house?!!!!!

PS: My Eid sari ka blouse in Karachi! Dammit. Can't we delay Eid by a week?

5 Comments:

Blogger Bakatron said...

nokia 6230i :P

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, poor you, it must be so awful being so disorientated.

Never mind, you can get fully reorientated when you make up all the fasting days you missed. You'll be doing that straight after Eid, right...?

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...no, Eid cannot be delayed! Cherish the fact that its here before Ramazan tired you out .:D

5:03 AM  
Blogger JonyBr said...

If u promise to post eid pics in eid sari i will pray for eid to get delayed :D as if, it really can *bummer*

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Reading blogs and decided to drop you a line. Cool blog. I have a fishing website if anyone's looking for a charter boat or fishing guide.

tackle stores

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home