bakpakchik

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Nomenclature

I've been working in this company long enough to have had a two-week old baby by now had I been pregnant when i joined. And yet, this very funny incident happened today:

A lady I have been randomly bumping into on my way to the namaaz room since I joined ... I bumped into her on ym way out fomr the namaaz room today. She was coming in. I was leaving after having said my Zuhr.

We had one of our usual chats ... how are you .. how's work ... will your magazine be on time ... isn't it awful how few people we have to help us get our work done ... blah de blah de blah.

Turns out she knows a guy who knows a guy who is looking for a job in sales at a magazine. I ask her to drop his CV by my office ... we'll have a look. Okay, she says. Will do. As I turn to leave, she goes ... "Umm, what's your name?"

I tell her, and then she tells me hers.

Nine months and two weeks.

That's the longest I've had an acquaintance whose name I didn't know.

7 Comments:

Blogger Talha Masood said...

interesting

lifes v v strange

u dont know a thing about the guy next door

and someone a mi,llion miles away , u even know what he/she had for lunnch today/ what perfume the person is wearing

:) interesting

life sure is interesting

9:25 AM  
Blogger 3rd avenue said...

omg, lol! :D
speed it up a bit, will ya!?

1:51 PM  
Blogger KM said...

ok i do that all the time...i have conversations with people...not perfect strangers , but yea, aquaintances, then im too embarrassed to ask their names, because im pretty sure they've mentioned it at some point.lol.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaahhh... the stuff of which wonderful stories are made! Can I steal this incident for my own purposes?

2:18 AM  
Blogger Talha Masood said...

@kHIZZY

I am sure u share the feeling with these ppl u r talking about

:p

2:31 AM  
Blogger Crazed Teacher said...

hey saw ur name on owlies blog just wanted to check out, i havent met a girl named ujala other than my sister , i just wanted to investigate. were ur parents also fans of the andhaira ujala series when u were born :)

3:45 AM  
Blogger JonyBr said...

I always forget names & faces, so i tell them the first time we meet, i will prolly forget, so dont even bother mentioning :)

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home