bakpakchik

Monday, March 12, 2007

Sh3r, Spud and So Not Pregnant!

#1: Why is it that you never realize a Good Hair Phase while you are actually in it?

I accidentally stumbled across some old pictures today, taken probably around November last year. Man, that hair! The cut, the color. Ibrahim, you are God's gift to me.

It feels funny to have you own personal Hair Hotline. BPC speed dial 2. "Ibrahim, my hair is doing something funny". "Don't worry habibti, come tomorrow. I will take a look. Yalla!". He is totally yummy. LOL.

Anyway. A Good Hair Phase. The wonder that is Ibrahim did a wonderful cut and color and my hair looked SO good. Now - just four months later - it's crap. I hate it. The color is tat. Totally my own doing. First I got colored red sections TWICE IN A ROW. The only saving grace was that Ibrahim did them. Then - and this I should not have done - I cheated on Ibrahim and tried a new stylist. One color disaster later, my hair is dry as hay and the color is - well - also like hay.

The funny thing is, I have never EVER felt shamefaced infront of a stylist till Ibrahim set eyes upon my do-saster (LOL . do-saster!!)

"3njaad habibti .. shoo y3n5? Int5 you don't like doing me doing your hair? Shooft5 sh3r'k!!"

*sob*

And don't even ask how many pieces my heart broke into when he tsktsked away halfway through the appointment and put down the barrel brush.He swirled the chair around and looked me straight in the eye.

"I used to enjoy doing you hair," he said in a grave grave tone. "Not anymore."

Ground split open. BPC IN!

*soooooob*

God bless the good soul, my hair looks presentable after a few rescue attempts, but that old picture from last year brought back memories of hair that didn't split when you brushed it and definitely didn't go all golden when washed but not blow dried.

"Soon habibt5 ... bas shahreyn, w' it'll look okay."

I feel you man, I feel you.

#2: What kind of a life is it where you can't exactly remember the last time you had French Fries?

Really. And you only vaguely remember what they taste like.

I remember when it was I last had some: at Johnny Rockets (who,by the way, do the best burger nad vanilla shake in Dubai and the next time you're on Beach Road, DO NOT go to the tatty McD's, but go to the JR's right across!). I think that was at least a month ago and that is WAY too long for any self-respecting, coke-guzzling 20-something to have gone without the oil-rich golden goodness of Slim Sticks of Spud.

#3: You don't have to be pregnant to redecorate!

Uh-huh. It IS possible to be NOT pregnant and still want a new living room.

All you need is to be bored of your old living room and near an Ikea. (I don't know how I ever lived without it!)

So yeah, after three different people hearing of the redecorating and inquiring if I was 'nesting', all and sundry ... no bun in the oven!

Despite Luni at Crazy Headquarters' proclamation that "You got a bonus, now you MUST have a baby!" (to which I told her that Honey, you don't need the greenbacks to make a greenback-guzzler!) and despite the mighty temptations of a very generous maternity package and a newly acquired children's education allowance post salary-review ... I don't think Arfiman and I are quite ready yet to have little Ali Khans wailing into the early hours.

:)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna see the hair *crying*

And i m not ready for the kid either, ohh, but wait, i m not married *smack*

5:36 PM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

jonybr .. it's not THAT bad.


okay okay





it is :(

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Common BPC show us, i dare u :D or atleast show me

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home