bakpakchik

Friday, March 16, 2007

Lagey raho!

Every single time I think that I have had my last laugh at what's happening in That Country Of Which I Hold A Passport, I have another think coming.

I was pretty sure that the ridiculous multi-million dollar fountain would be the last monstrosity of that city for years to come, but I have just found out about an even more preposterous and ill-conceived notion that the Karachi bigwigs seem to be entertaining:

The world's tallest building.

Really.

In Karachi.

In city where they don't have the resources to fight a fire in the 16-storey building of the Pakistan National Shipping Corporationbuilding, they plan to build a 1947 ft. tower.

Wow.

Maan gaey bhai. Bada dil hai in karachi ki bagdor sambhalney walon ka!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

& i m pretty sure they will forget to make a parking area in/for the building :p

7:33 PM  
Blogger Farrukh Ahmed said...

well, there are mixed comments about this announcement!
true its too soon to think something on that scale (or even half that scale), but you gotta see the creek marina that's being built here. Reminds me of Dubai marina!!

with 'limitless' coming here, there's a lot of beach front and insanely exorbitant projects on the way....and as you know, dear Pakistan is a rich country with a poor govt!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home