bakpakchik

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Urgent!

There's a Saudi girl in one of the departments I service. She's quite a nice girl and her sudden appearances in my office are quite pleasant: she comes in with a swish of her abaya and a whiff of her Oud. She always has a sile on her face. A very urgent smile, of late.

She was recently promoted. I have noticed that - in her new position - everything is very very urgent.

Hmm.

For a while I thought she was just disorganized and did everything last minute. Till Looni told me what Saudi Girl said to her on the phone today.

Says Saudi Girl "The only way to get things done is to be strong and tell people IT IS URGENT!"

Hmmmmm.

Very unsurprisingly, I have three emails by Suadi Girl in my inbox sent in the last two hours. All three of them say 'urgent' in the subject line.

The last one - take this - says "urgent" with two Gs and three Es, like so: urggeeent!!!!!!!!!

I told Looni that I quite like Saudi Girl, so this 'urgency' of hers isn't annoying me as much as it would have, had it been done by someone else. Very very luck for Saudi Girl, for anoying BPC is NOT something you want to do.

To which, Looni replies: "It's starting to annoy me, though. Annoy with two Os and three Ys!!!"

LOL

Make that LOl with two Os and three Ls ....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too Funny.

BTW, could you please remove some misgivings which are mentioned here

http://avari.blogs.com/weblog/2006/10/desis_among_ara.html

Take Care

6:03 PM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

Anonymous: I don't understand what you want me to respond to. That piece talks about the abuse of and bias against immigrant domestic workers.

12:40 AM  
Blogger KM said...

lol...we have a client like that.
so my co-worker, after recieving the 'latest' URGENT request would lean back, light a cigarette and say,
"when everythings urgent, nothings urgent."
and it makes sense!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home