bakpakchik

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Prioritize

BPC got sent on Priority Management training the other day. In a nutshell, she got taught how to "use MS Outlook to one's benefit" and to sort her emails in order to assist in prioritizing.

I now have 367 folders, 1561 tasks, and NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON!

A load of my emails go straight to a folder called CC due to some stupid rules set up. I now have half my 'to do' stuff sorted into a folder called 'current' and the rest is still in my inbox - which the trainers tell me must be empty.

How can I bloody friggin' sort my inbox when I get five emails every minute?!!

What's more, the trainer is coming to my 'workspace' on Sunday to see how well I have adapted to the techniques taught in the training session.

I toyed with the idea of tying her up and torturing her with sharp pointy things.

Ate had a better idea.

I will now tie the trianer up and torture her with a view of my Outlook inbox: all 3671 emails in the inbox and NO FOLDERS!!!!

muahahahahahahaa ....

3 Comments:

Blogger Blogger said...

Oh my God, so now e-mail fascism enters Dubai??

I confess, my Outlook is organised into folders etc, but then that's just me. My wife (ahem) is the exact opposite and she frequently gets phone calls from the IT people telling her that she must improve her "housekeeping" (?!???!)

I think this is the thin end of the wedge. We must fight for email freedom, people! We should be free to have our Inboxes as cluttered or as anally retentive as we please.

I say you should cut the trainer up into little pieces and put each one in a separate folder. And you should film yourself doing it and then stick the film into a PowerPoint presentation. And send the film to all IT training agencies all across the world as a warning of the fate that awaits their employees.

4:42 AM  
Blogger inspirex said...

i regret to inform you that a sorted outlook actually does imprive efficiency!

the rules and sorted folders really really do help to keep info on your fingertips......so even when there are 5 emails a min (which by the way means how important u are), the need for an efficient task management becomes all the more imperative!

now an important person wouldnt like to waste all the time checking each email.....ud want it sorted automatically so u know eher to find it.....

2:06 AM  
Blogger Shezalldat said...

lol! LOVE the idea!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home