bakpakchik

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Shoe Story

The only thing BPC likes more than shopping shopping shopping is going shopping and finding a REAL BARGAIN. (Not that I actually believe that bargains really are bargains ... after all ... when something is half the price, you just end up buying twice as many things and spend the same amount of money you normally would have. So technically, you're still as broke afterwards!)

So anyway, BPC found a REAL BARGAIN the other day. In Camden Market, she stumbled across an Aldo store (shoes, YUM!) that was not only a factory outlet (read: cheaper than regular retail outlets), but was on 50% sale ... wait wait ... it was on 50% sale ON TOP OF THE ALREADY 50% SALE!

OH MY GOD ... I was like a kid in a candy store. The only catch was that I have been trying (and not really succeeding!) to spend too much money on shoes/clothes (as we are going on a big shoe/clothes shopping trip to Hong Kong this October). So, it took all of my strength to not clear everything off the shelves and getting every shoe in the store that was my size. Believe me, at those prices, I so could have. And Aldo shoes .. mmm mmmm mmmmm!

But I was amazingly in-control of the purse-strings (which I haad Arfiman hold on to just incase I gave in to The Temptation) and I bought just one purse and one pair of shoes.

I got a shiny shiny golden purse, but forget about that. My REAL bargain was a pair of gorgeous toffee colored suede Mary Janes with stacked heels, with leathers inners and beautiful beadwork. I got them for 10£!!!! Who buys anything in Aldo for 10£!!!! 9.99£ to be precise.

Oh, and imagine my glee when I look at the price tag and see that the actual retail price was 119.99£.

So in a way, I "saved" 110£.

Doesn't that mean that I can actually, spend at least half that money on shoes again ... seeing as I saved .... erm ... really, right ... hmm ....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SCORE!!

Can't believe they were almost 120 pounds originally..that's just brutal.

I love Mary Jane's 'cos they're so comfortable and extremely stylish.

Enjoy them!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

post more pics!!!

i need a holiday!! NOW!!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home