bakpakchik

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

'Nail Polish Virgin' No More

teen-teen-teeeen-teeen-teen-teen-teeeeeeen-teen-teen *phone dialing*

rrrrring rrrrring rrrrring *phone rings out with no response*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *BPC shrieks in panic*

That's what happens when you try to fix a blow-dry appointment three hours before you want one ON A THURSDAY!

When did I become the kind of woman that gets blow-dries? Oh wait, no that's not the end of it (or even the begining of it!) I also get manicures, pedicures, hot oil treatments, facials and highlights. GASP!!!

LOL

Okay, so everyone who's known me for the longest time will know how I am SO not a girly girl. I could never grow my nails, NEVER owned nailpolish in my WHOLE life, only had facials and massages when were required by job as an Editor and my hair color was always on the punk side rather than 'pretty'.

But somewhere down the line, I CAVED!

Yes, I admit it, I caved. It started with my getting sick of frizzy hair and discovering the Ceramic Flat Iron. And so began my FIRST beautfication ritual: the regular ironing of my tresses (what little I had).

And then, slowly slowly, all those free massages wore my guard away and I started ENOYING them! Yes, yes, I admit, I love all the thick luscious robes, the exquisitely scented waiting rooms, the dimmed lights, the soothing nature CDs, the healing touch of a therapist, the lovely aroma of the massage oils *bliss*. I ALWAYS fall asleep during my treatments and have to be woken up.

I should have known that this day would come soon too:

The other day, D. From The Office (in future, we hsall refer ot all work people as XYZ From The Office, or XYZ FTO for short) and i were manning the company's blood donation camp and right across me was a huge poster that for some reason called me in like the Mother Ship.

I had no idea there was this vain woman inside me who wants all these little salon-y doo-dads and ENJOYS them!

So, I waltz in and INVEST in a WHOLE YEAR of salon treatments!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yes. Get this: a whole year of a wash and blow dry every week (which, by the way, I have an appointment now for 2 pm YAY!), and mani-pedi every fortnight, and a haircut, highlight, facial and hot oil treatment every month.

I am shocked to the bone. Arfiman is so stunned. he said he might have to 'rethink our whole arrangement', as he had 'married a girl who DIDN'T like painting her nails'. tsk tsk

Tabz freaked out when she saw my French Mani when I went ot Karachi for Bhayya's shaadi.

'OMIGOD!' she screamed. "THIS IS SO NOT YOU?!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?"

Bahahahahaha. I just love messing with people's heads.

I've also figured that though I can keep my pedicure safe for two weeks, my manicure doesn't last the day. So I went out and bought a DIY French Manicure Kit.

AND, when I fly to Karachi tonight, I now have something to do on the plane!

7 Comments:

Blogger Hina said...

All that for how much? And is this offer still up for grabs? I want in too!!! We can be salon buddies again :)

Also... in between all this heated discussion, I just wanted to know when you were going to get the pictures up and running, I really want to see the shadi and airport episodes.

12:06 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

Oh no, are they still not working? dammit, dammit Etisalat. Bloody useless Etisalat.

I can seem them fine from our Samacom connections! :(

I'll call you about the salon.

12:12 AM  
Blogger inspirex said...

And another one falls.
(sigh)

arfiman: be strong.

12:52 AM  
Blogger inspirex said...

And another one falls.
(sigh)

arfiman: be strong.

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I never met the pre-preen Bakpakchik, 'cause I was a little taken aback by your description of how you used to be.

The world would be a very sad place if we didn't allow ourselves to change... even if that change involves Egyptian cotton robes and quasi-Buddhist interior decor...

Enjoy doing all this... whilst you haven't got your own little Iman!!!

5:07 AM  
Blogger mayya said...

A blowdry EVERY week!!!!!!!!
OMG! you're turning into a *gasp* auntyy!!!!!!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Hina said...

Thanks d, my yester-years of salon hopping is turning into a blurry memory!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home