bakpakchik

Friday, December 16, 2005

My name is Spanish

Hi! My name is Ujala. Yeah, it's a nice name ... it's Spanish actually. It means "I wish" :)

Uh-huh. No kidding. We were watching the first few episodes of the new TV series 'Supernatural' yesterday. Downoladed from the net by Lee ... with some Spanish subtitles for some strange reason.

So at one point, one of the characters goes "I wish!!!" and you know that radar everyone has that goes bleeping crazy when they hear or read their name? Well, mine went on alert and the subtitle for that specific dialogue read 'Ojala!"

Ujala with an 'O'.

So yeah, it's a Spanish name ... it means "I wish" :)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tenuous Link Alert or what???? Stop eating the free fruit! I think they must be spiking it...

12:34 PM  
Blogger Hina said...

It means "I hope"

Pronounced O-HA-LA

I took Spanish for 5 years in school.

10:39 PM  
Blogger 3rd avenue said...

ohala ohala ohala ohala

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So no one had the tune of "char boondo wala" running in their head when they read this?

"Ujala" is actually a Hindi word meaning light.

Its also a very famous product called Ujala Supreme.

Makes clothes white in 4 drops "char boondo wala"

:P

11:02 PM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

You husband and wife pair will suffer at my hands upon your return. Come back quick, i have a job for Hinamommy ....

12:32 AM  
Blogger sheandher338 said...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7390/92/1600/floozer-lost.jpg

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But D started it

7:47 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

But D is in another continent so that doesn't count.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Saady said...

lol...Ojala !

1:33 AM  
Blogger Majaz said...

Ohala indeed....

... how's it going? Been long since I left orkut...

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home