bakpakchik

Thursday, July 14, 2005

What's in a name?

Okay, so we're all guilty of a little vanity-googling. Y'know .. where oyu Google your own name ot see what comes up.

To me, it was a pretty satisfying exercise while I went by my maiden monicker. Post-marriage, I've dealt with a name change and a severe shortage of Google search results under my name.

Bah.

I tried somethng new today.

I googled 'Ujala' in Google images. What skeletons did I pull out of the cyber-closet?

Quite a bit. Nothing as exciting as a hidden gallery of my photos maintained by some psychopath who admired me from afar, but an interesting mix of stuff none the less:

ujalaz

I guess the big blue bottle in the middle is something i don't need ot explain: I've gritted my teeth to chants of 'aaya naya ujala, char boondon wala' ever since Zee TV has invaded the minds of folk arond me.

The two banners on top prove the existance - in some part of the world- of two businesses being carried out under my name: some kind of a trading business and some kind of fabricators. Should I take them to court? I think the state of Kentucky got a hefty sum from KFC for using their name.

But I'm not American am I? More less an American state?

Ah, anyway. Next to Ujala Supreme is Ujala Eyedrops. Wow! My name keep your whites whiter AND your eyes brighter!

On opposite ends, you'll see two movie posters. My name has graced both Bollywood AND Lollywood. C'mon Hollywood: whatcha waiting for?

I am mroe popular in the media than just that. You'll find Ujala radio in India and Amar Ujala - a newspaper. On top of Ujala Eyedrops, you'll see a graphic for ARY digital's show named after ME!

Wow.I'm famous :)

5 Comments:

Blogger 3rd avenue said...

;) aaya nayaaaaa ujaalaaa
chaar boondo wala





kaprey ke reshey tak jaae
safedi ka naya rangg laaye!

bwuahuahuaha!

10:12 PM  
Blogger sheandher338 said...

jaawwwwzeerr.. orkut is udner construction :'( so i'll jsut havto resort communicating with you here. me and nausheen took bhaiyya to food street today.. i hope he dint get bored :/ then at midnight went to the fm89 birthday bash .. it's turned one yr :p that was wild.. might go out breakfasting with the RJs is a few hours.. at 6am.. am missing you so much. and gess what??!?!?!?! i found ana wesome wi-fi hot spot at nausheen's place :pPpp she jsut cant grasp the idea of free internet, hhee hee... yaaaaay. smoocheroozapalooza

3:35 PM  
Blogger Asma said...

Assalamoalaykum w.w.!!

Nice blog here!!

Lolz@ "aaya naya ujala, char boondon wala"

You are pretty famous in india :)

Adieu!

3:24 AM  
Blogger Gaurav said...

Interesting. Wonder what my name will throw up.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a good one for you. When I was in India last summer I saw a sign for a shop called Ujala Pumps. I shall write no more.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home