bakpakchik

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Viva la Italia

couple in Athens

I shot this picture in Athens. It's one of my favorites.

I don't know what it is about this picture: whetehr it is the mere display of affection or the fact that I have got it on camera? Is it the fact that it confronted me with mixed emotions in a foreign land: joy for their love with a pang of envy on the side?

Or is it that looking at this picture takes me back to that lazy day in Plaka when I strolled about with no real purpose but to take in Athens? Is it in remembrance of the warm sunshine of that wintry afternoon and the lingering taste of my taverna lunch?

Or - in the larger scheme of things - does it remind me of the days when I could actually just up and go?

Or .. or .. or ... is it simply the travelbug biting again?

October looks like Italy for us: Arafaat and I. We haven't been on our honeymoon yet, so maybe that will be it. Is it still a honey moon if you go after your first anniversary? I guess it's a bit like asking "Is it still a baby shower if you're seven months pregnant?" or "Is it still a graduation party if you've long spent your first paycheck?"

I'm not complaining. I'm anything BUT ....

So off to Italy, eh? here's a little peek of what might be in store for me :)

map-of-italy-cities

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey thats a nice picture.. i figured if i can't scap on orkut i can atleast bother you with comments here :p

6:58 AM  
Blogger Faraz said...

Beautiful picture, I didn't know that people like to paint their houses with such bold colors in Athens.

For the record, "warmify" is a word and here's a proof of it. Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really appreciate it.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home