bakpakchik

Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend Wisdom #004

The problem with always being the 'bigger' person is that you end up being surrounded by smaller people.


And ...


It's easy to keep someone happy when you have nothing to lose in doing so. But when someone else's happiness requires a sacrifice on your part, that's the test of how much that someone's happiness matters to you. Will you sacrifice something to make that person happy?

Or will you keep that person happy only on your own terms ... only when it is convenient for you to?


And ...


My feelings are MY feelings and I feel the way I feel. What YOU feel about the way I feel says something about YOU (possibly about US), but not about ME.

I am not selfish for feeling the way I feel. It's YOU that is selfish for expecting me to change the way I feel just so that it suits you better.


And ...


If your happiness lies in me doing something even though it hurts my feelings, then I will do it. Because I love you. But only when I see you that you appreciate my effort and acknowledge my hurt. When I find you brushing my hurt aside, you lose the right to demand my respect for you or for your feelings. You make me love you less. And someone who is loved less is someone who is not worth getting hurt over.

11 Comments:

Blogger bakpakchik said...

no no :) My hubby is the best. No fight with him. He is a billion times more giving than one can ever hope for a husband to be. None of the above is directed at him.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Blogger said...

I'm glad you cleared that one up.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get what you give out of life.

How often do YOU worry about other peoples feelings?

My guess none.

5:27 AM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

If I didn't worry about other peoples' feelings, I would not be having this dialogue with them/myself. I wouldn't give two shits. Obviously, I do give quite a few shits and that is precisely why I am in this quandry.

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No you dont this whole Blog entry is about you and your feelings.

The only reason you are blogging about this is because you feel you have been wronged.

I bet you can't even name one nice thing you did for anyone.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Khurram said...

@anonymous: i dont know about anyone else, but i could name a million nice things BPC did for me. and that's just off the top of my head. if i stopped to think, i might name more.

7:54 PM  
Blogger bakpakchik said...

@anonymous

Yes, this blog entry is about ME and MY FEELINGS. You know why?

BECAUSE IT'S MY BLOG, EINSTEIN!

And as for naming nice things I have done for people ... I don't owe you any explanations

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u dissapoint me....i thought far more of you till now

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home