bakpakchik

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Missed

You don't know how much you missed it till you actually have it again:

Friday lunches with my miniscule/marvellous/magical susral: Mummy's endearing litle habits, Arfi in "I'm at my Mum's so I can act like I'm 8" mode, looking for new fridge magnets on Mummy's fridge, Bhai throwing cushions at Arfi ...

Tossing myself in the backseat of Bhai's car ... rear speakers massaging my back with the bass of 'Dhoom Machaley' while I watch Dubai whizz past.

Lazy afternoons smoking shisha and ravaging the Game Machine at Klassikyat with Arfi and Bhai ... almost beating Bosoooooood at Q-Shot (and missing by just 200 points), finding out trivia Wierd & Wild in Trivia Whizz (Idi Amin is the ruler of which country?), group-cheering at high-scores and bonus replays, naar min fadhlak and fishing for JUST ONE MORE COIN ...

And last but not the least ... the feeling of my own steering wheel in my hands, the smell of my own Lumina's leather seats and the glint of it's shiny, red body. The way my head whips back when I foot the accelerator and Shireen crooning Ah Ya Leil.

And now ... my five-or-so square feet of space .. my Home Away From Home: my desk at the office. Back to my piles and piles of mail (press releases mostly, with the odd freebie wedged in) and little bags of goodies sent by PR people trying to bribe me into writing for them. What did they send me while I was away? A men's perfume, a women's perfume, a Nivea lipgloss and a Clinique sheer tint mousturizer.

Piles of CDs to plough through. Two 100+ page magazines to finish in as little as two weeks.

After the (change is as good as) vacation, I thought it would be impossible to get back inot the groove, but thankfully, I have a job I love. :)

I'm gonna go play with my new toys now ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I think you should have spend a couple of hours to create such a well organized adequate blog

Keep us updated with more posts. My brother and I read and navigate here every day... It is a pleasure.

Regards,
adequate blog

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home