bakpakchik

Saturday, May 20, 2006

MotorMouth

Maybe it'd be a bit presumptious - maybe even a little too optimisitc - but I want to think that some of you have missed BPC's random rampbling over the last few weeks.

At least one person did refer to it.

"I know you've probably been really busy at work" said Hinamommy. "Because you haven't updated your blog lately ..." (just by the way, such is my state of mind, that I typofied 'glob' instead of 'blog' back there ...LOL .... I haven't updated my glob lately"

So anyway, I WISH that the reason I haven't updated my blog is ONLY because I've been busy at work. No, the business (BUSYness??!!) of work is but a small portion of the reason behind this blog deprivation.

So, yes, busy BPC has been. You see, BPC used to be part of a Corporate Communications team of five, headed by BossLady (who was the sixth).

One fine week, Colleague#1 who was fired a few weeks before finds the long-awaited 'other job' and is ready to leave, Colleague#2 gets fed up with BossLady's excessive demands (in her opinion, mind you ... i quite like BossLady), Colleague#3 finds a position in another department that she was MADE for (and she is now on a two-week business trip in Cannes, lucky bitch!!) and Colleague#4 had ot leave because she couldn't fit in her chair anymore as she expects Bebe any day now.

So, one fine Sunday, BPC is the Corporate Communications Department. Really. It's me. It's ALL me. All of it.

Now, don't mistake me, I'm not one to shy away from work ... I work very hard and I'm proud of it. Give me work, I'll do it. i just ask for one thing:

Peace.

Let me do my work in peace.

And that brings us to the reason why I haven't been able to 'glob' at all lately.

Ladies and germs, let alone being able to compose a witty entry worthy of this blog, I have hardly been able to string two straight sentences in my head these last few weeks.

My bone of contention is the worst kind of punishment that can be sent upon a hardworking (and overworked) worker. It's *GASP* an *GASP GASP* intern!!!!!!

And not just any intern mind you. It's the MOTHER OF ALL MOTORMOUTHS intern.

OHMIGOD! My life in the office has been living hell the last few weeks. Now, don't get me wrong, I am normally a very nice person and as I started work very early in life, i appraciate young people joining the work force and I will be the first it lend a helping hand.

But I refuse to be sympathetic towards interns who:

a) Will not stop talking (and not talking about work related stuff, but STOOOOPID questions. Why is a stapler called a stapler? How many sick days do you get in a year? What's your IQ?)
b)Will not listen to what you say (you can't really listen if you talk all the time. can you?)
c)will not let you teach them a better way to do things. (why should they - who have been at work all of two weeks - listen to you - who has been working for five bloody years now?!!)
d) Will not stop TALKING!!!

Jeezus, I have come to know a whole new side of me these last few weeks. I thought I was a very non-confrontational person when it came to work. Yeah, give me a burger with cheese when I didn't ask for any (or something along those lines) and watch me get confrontational. But at work, I thought I was one of those quiet workers that carries on with her job and doesn't stir up things too much. And I never used to know how to say 'no'.

Well, not anymore honeys.

These days 'Can you please keep quiet, I am trying TO WORK!!!' is something I say ATLEAST five times a day.

Sometimes, I wish I had written down all the horror stories I have to recount about MotorMouth ... I am sure most of them will be quite amusing in hindsight ... but not having that hindsight right now, they are plain annoying.

Take riht now for instance. We are supposed to host a visit by a delegation, and just to shut him up, I have asked him to be incharge of taking photos.

How many photos do i need to take? How do i know if it will be good? What if there are too many people in one shot? What if there is someone who doesn't want to have their photo taken? Will my name be printed with the photos? Where did you learn to take photos? Where does the word 'photo' come from?

*sigh*

I hand himn the camera.

How many megapixels is this? What is focal length? How big can a memory card be? What is A3?

Right now he's trying to take my picture from various angles with the office camera.

Why are you not smiling? Don't you like your picture taken? I don't know why girls are camera shy? Is the flash annoying you? What if i printed your pitcure?

Do you wonder now, why my 'glob' has not been updated?!!

6 Comments:

Blogger inspirex said...

hehe....
my greatest sympathies.....
i had 2 interns recently (kirna knows both!).

One was one my old classmate.....so never had any issues with him.....

the other was just too sweet! YES she LOVED to talk...lekin she settled everything with her ultimately sweet habit of cleaning up my desk everytime i was away even for 5 mins.

but yes, interns deserve to be murdered if they bug u too much!

6:24 AM  
Blogger mayya said...

me missed your posts :/

do update even if its to take your bharaas out over the intern

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah! i've missed you too!
but u more than made up for it.
and my sympathies are all yours :D

11:21 AM  
Blogger uXuf said...

Lol! I can imagine with the "pitcure" and "ot" :P

Keep up the good work with the "helpful" intern ;)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

Well, I missed your posts, but I knew there must have been a reason for their absence.

As for the intern... well, I'm also HYPER sensitive to noise when I'm trying to work, so you've got my sympathies there. Maybe you should think of all this as some kind of divinely-organised pre-summer-holiday penance...

12:06 AM  
Blogger Hina said...

Good to see you back. Sorry to hear about the annoying intern.

:)

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home