bakpakchik

Thursday, August 18, 2005

New Year Resolutions

No, I haven't gone crazily, insanely foresighted and decided to plan my NYRs four months in advance. Okay, fine, I HAVE ... but the more I think of it, the less it seems to be a bad idea ...

I'm going to think out loud now, so if lists bore you, you would start getting bored just about now ...

15. Keep the house a *little* bit cleaner. Just a *little* bit ...
14. Try not to buy clothes with the grocery money and then pretend I spent it all on gourmet ingredients.
13. Not actaully buy any gourmet ingredients becasue a) there goes my excuse to spend grocery money on strappy tops and b) I can't cook that well.
12. Expand my culinary protfolio by over at least a dozen items.
11. Muster up the courage to cook red meat for the first time (yes, we have had only chicken at home the whole past year. And Qeema, which doesn't really count).
10. Buy some plants (and not becasue last night we went to a Chinese restaurant that had Feng Shui tips on the menu and supposedly putting a round-leafed plant on the top left corner of your living room as you enter is supposed ot bring financial propserity ... but becasue plants are good).
9. Plants are good only when they are alive, so try and keep at least one plant alive for more than a week.
10. Take more bubble baths. If not, then stop spending ALL THAT MONEY on bath products.
8. Use the swimming pool and gym at least once a week.
7. Join some kind of martial arts/physical activity class with Arfiman so BOTH of us get off our bums and don't spend every single weeknight lounging on the couch watching DVDs.
6. Start using the kitchen dustbin instead of flinging trash into a grocery bag hanging from the kitchen doorhandle.
5. Remember to order water BEFORE we have to start rationing the last litre.
4. Try and not scream at the water delivery company for having to call three times before they deliver.
3. Stop buying new books unitl I've read all the ones I have that I haven't read
2. Stop buying new clothes till I've worn all the ones I have that I haven't worn yet.

And last but not the least ...

1. FINALLY GO ON A HONEYMOON!

Yesyesyes, honeymoon is very top priority for BPC now. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SORRY, the below was posted under the wrong blog, so I'm reposting it here...
---

You STILL haven't been on a honeymoon?!?!? But... have you tried threatening him with divorce yet? No, wait, that probably wouldn't work. Oh, I know, threaten him with slashed tyres... and mud on his alloys... and sand in his engine. That might do it! But don't let the next 12 months pass un-honey-ed! He's just trying to pacify you with cheap little soft toys he picked up in Karama.

Thank you for your attention.

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D,

Unfortunately we haven’t Honeyd either and we have been married for 4 years. Although I am sure like us, for Arf and Ujala it wasn't a conscious or tenacious decision.

Maybe it’s a curse. If you don’t go on your honeymoon right after your marriage then you have to wait till your kids grow up.

Omair

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home