bakpakchik

Friday, June 10, 2005

counter-matter of the matter at hand

There's a discussion going on in one of the Orkut communities I am a member of. It's about the pressure on single women of marriagable age to get married.

It inspired me to shed light on the counter-matter of the matter at hand:

Just like marriage is oft over-rated by the older generation, it is also sometimes under-rated by my own generation.

I for one - a few years back - wouldn't touch anything wedding-related with a ten-foot barge-pole. Loved my freedom and independance and most of all, the fact that I never had to think too far ahead and best of all, didnt have to think beyond my own self.

Marriage changed all that. I can't just decide to quit my job and go backpacking around Europe (which I did two times in the last four years). I can't let the dirty laundry be, knowing papa will get to it eventually.

But you know what? At the end of it all, when the last face I see before falling asleep at the night and the face I wake up to the next morning is that of the one I love with all my heart and know will be together with for the rest of my life ... no price is too much to pay.

1 Comments:

Blogger old fable teller, me... said...

i agree more with schreiner
read her here
http://honeyishrunkmyself.blogspot.com/2005_05_01_honeyishrunkmyself_archive.html

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home